Dance 2night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss radio charts, current singles, and the latest music news..

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tout

Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? Empty
PostSubject: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:28 am

I keep wondering if Leona will be able to translate her success into longevity in the US.

Yes, she has that extraordinary talent, which some dispute, but I really feel that the market here isn't just about talent. Though people like Josh Groban, and Buble have shown you can. But they're marketing Leona to pop & urban, where you need to have a hit every 3 month (or a new sexy photoshoot, or a new scandal, or a new man) just to keep interest in you.

So far she does not give me the vibes of being determined like a Beyonce, or have the creativity of a Christina. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Erizo
Erizo

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:08 am

I don't know. When I heard Bleeding Love for the first time, I thought it was just mediocre song among others. But now I see it's kind of song that may not instantly sound like classic, but might end up being one of the most memorable songs in the second half of this decade.

She surely has talent when it comes to singing, but like we all know, in today's entertainment business it may not be enough. She should have some serious star charisma too, and at this point I'm not seeing a lot of that in her. It might change once she gets more experience, etc. Or she should record one huge song after another.

We'll see what's going to happen with her career. The second single here in Europe (don't even remember it's name) doesn't sound very interesting.
Back to top Go down
musiccrazy
musiccrazy

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:30 pm

to tell you the truth I live in Ireland and when we got bleeding love at first people loved it but a little while later people were texting and ringing in to the radio stations saying please stop playing that song please play something else. it's getting really boring listing to that song. And every body was saying that song is bleeding stupid and bleeding annoying now. And over here to second single is not doing to well. Yes I admit she is talented but I do think the hype around her will die down soon.
Back to top Go down
Tout

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Erizo wrote:
Or she should record one huge song after another.
That's what I was thinking will keep her going. To record one hit after the other, and hopefully in succession.

Like Rihanna. Everyone doubted her longevity, cause she was like a mini Beyonce, without all the sass. But she's recorded hit after hit, and she's now huge internationally.
Back to top Go down
mattievee
mattievee

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 am

i dont like leona that much
Back to top Go down
Hot-Commodity
Hot-Commodity

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:29 am

I like Leona, but I think Bleeding Love is her fast AND last hit.

all the other tracks from her Album sound the same and don't stand out from the rest
Back to top Go down
http://www.so-trina.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?   Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leona Lewis - Will the hype die down?
Page 1 of 1